Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Projects

There are exciting things waiting to happen in the near--or not too far off, at least--future. Around March, Brookline writer Kim Girard plans to publish her children's book, and it will be full of my black and white illustrations. I can't say too much about it now, except that it is a lot of fun working on this project, and that it is an awesome story!

I have just been accepted to exhibit my drawings (mostly black & white comics and illustrations) at the Brookline Town Hall for a month in 2012 (probably May-June), so that will be fun too! I have to go through my submissions and weed out the darkest pieces, though, because since this is a public space, the images can't be too explicit or disturbing (and a lot of my stuff, I have realized,  is either dark, bloody or topless)

I still do illustrations for Spare Change, and the last one appeared in the last November edition. It was a portrait of Gary Johnston (aka John Doe), which I drew sometime in September or October. He was a very impressive and interesting person, and I enjoyed sketching him as he worked on an article in his "office" as he laughingly called it, in Central Square. Another illustration that I just finished last week is due to come out in one of the next editions, but I am not going to post it here until it has been in the paper (so buy the paper!).

I signed up for an account on the website Behance, so be sure to swing by and check out the projects I post there.


Gothista: Alternative Fashion Illustration. A project that I am not doing for a client, but just having a lot of fun with. Plus, I could use a lot more color in my portfolio!

Idea for a graphic novel set in Copenhagen.  Thanks to Copenhagen based photographer Thomas Christensen, who takes awesome photos of his city, and whose bird's view photograph I used for my top panel reference.


Spare Change illustration of Gary Johnston.


2 comments:

Dave M! said...

Your number one fan's tripping out over this post. Great news on Brookline Town Hall exhibit. I really dig the "Gothista" drawing, and am knocked out/intrigued by the Copenhagen graphic novel sample.

Have you considered cloning yourself to get the pages out faster?

Dave Marshall
"Inky Stories"

Line O said...

Dave, thanks!!! I have thought about the cloning thing, but I've decided it would not be good for this chaotic world to have more Lines in it...I think I'll take the project to writer's night instead and get some help from the experienced BCR writers (because that's where the biggest problem is, in the story itself).