Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Just A Few Sketches from June & July.

I just realized that I haven't updated my blog since June! How time flies! I am not on summer vacation, just keeping very, very busy! Among my projects: a pirate comic, illustrations, and of course, job applications. In the meantime, here are some pages from my sketchbook to look at...



Below: Inspired by a relatively new picture book about Audrey Hepburn, Just Being Audrey, written by Margaret Cardillo and illustrated by Massachusetts-based artist Julia Denos. I found the book at the Curious George store in Harvard Square (which we will miss very much now that it is closing!), and wanted to buy it for my kids. Unfortunately, my boys did not share my enthusiasm on Audrey Hepburn; they took one look at the pictures and decided that the lack of monster trucks, dragons and epic battles did not interest them. So I ended up buying the book for myself, just so I could look at all the gorgeous illustrations. Well, it was so worth it!

Next: More random pages from my sketchbook. I must admit I prefer to draw women rather than men.









3 comments:

Dave M! said...

Once again, you kick our asses ... and look good doing it. I think your drafting and dedication to craft is good enough to redraw your '80s stories. In proper English this time, as God ordained.

David Marshall, Comics/Art/Web Guy
Cartoonist
Comics Teacher

Dave M! said...

"Next: More random pages from my sketchbook. I must admit I prefer to draw women rather than men."

Me too. So why do I get called a perv and you don't? It's just not fair.

Line O said...

According to well-accepted theories, the term "perv" was invented by angry women who wanted to put men (who gave attention to other women than them) in their "place"... (much like the term "slut," which was surely invented by angry men, who wanted to put women (who gave attention to other men than them)in their "place.") There is just no justice in this world...